Validation is not working

Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

I have created a dynamic form and have set the necessary values to the properties of the fields like this:

required: true,
requiredMessage: "*",
validationGroup: "Questions"

In the Button I also set the necessary properties like this:

submit: true,
validate: true,
validationGroup: "Questions"

In design view validation is working fine. The screenshot:

But when it is running in the site, validation is not working even after clicking the button. The Screenshot:

Can any one please help me regarding this and kindly clarify the reason?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

"submit" buttons aren't really valid in an interface used directly as a Site page, as there's nothing to "submit" since there is no Task / process instance.  What are you "submitting" here?

Additionally: it appears as if you have no need for the "validationGroup" parameter.  I would suggest just removing that (unless you already know you require it for reasons outside of the portions of code/screenshots you've included here).  This allows the built-in "required" field indicator to show up in the first place (which has always been a silly side-effect of using this feature).  Honestly I almost never use validation groups since the way it works is finnicky and counterintuitive.  But your primary issue here is probably that you're trying to "submit" stuff while not in a Task.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Thanks for the reply. I have used a!startProcess at the Button's saveInto like this:

saveInto: {
       a!startProcess(
         processModel: cons!NGS_PM_TEST,
         processParameters: {},
         onSuccess: {}
       )
    }

But still validation is not working.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to SurajitSen

In this case you would not need to set "submit" to true (in fact you should probably set it to FALSE); keep the "validate" parameter set to true; and i still suggest you remove the "validation group" parameter altogether, as i mentioned before.

Reply Children