Saving UI state to DB on every user interaction

Hello,

I have a requirement where I have to save the user state of the interface/page into DB and load it back when user comes back to that interface/page. For example, if the interface has tabs, then I want to save the active tab the user is looking at into DB and restart the interface with that tab selected when user comes back. This could be extended to the filters user has chosen, etc.

This requirement came from a scenario where I have a dashboard with a table with startProcess links in each row, when user clicks on once row the startProcess opens up a form in the same tab. Once the user completes the work and comes back to dashboard, I want to maintain the state of the UI as it was when he/she triggered the startProcess.

I could create required writeToDataStoreEntity and get page state queries. I found that these have to be used in every saveInto of the element whose state I want to store. This is cumbersome and bloats the expression in the interface.

Another scenario that I am running into is, as I have to call the above write operation inside a saveInto I am unable to use any other smart services in the same saveInto due to restriction from Appian to use only one smart service per saveInto expression.

I was wondering whether there is a way to have the page state as one variable and whenever that variable changes call the write operation to update page state? Or

Is there an out-of-the-box feature that can be utilized to save page state for that particular user automatically?

Or any other suggestions to implement this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rahul

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data