Saving my rule inputs for my interface and they are gone on reload?

Hello,

I recently came across the issue of putting in all of my rule input values that I need for my editable grid to have my interface working. 

What happens is that I go to save after entering the rule input values in and when I reload the interface I get an error at the top.

Also, my rule input values go back to null. What is the reason for this? Is there some sort of mapping step with the data that has been missed? Sorry if this is a dumb question or has been answered before, I tried searching for other threads with the same issue but didn't find anything if it is out there. Any help is appreciated. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    I go to save after entering the rule input values

When you say "entering the rule input values", do you mean entering TEST values?  Do you understand that these values are for loading within the interface editor only, for demonstration / testing purposes?  The actual rule inputs will be passed in (if necessary) by the parent interface and/or process model later.

But if you're just talking about test values: did you click the "set as defaults" button prior to saving?

when I reload the interface I get an error at the top that looks like this:

The error message displayed here has nothing (in particular) to do with your rule input entry - it's telling you that you're not passing in enough components in your gridRow for the expected number (basically the number of components passed in needs to match the number of columns defined).

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    I go to save after entering the rule input values

When you say "entering the rule input values", do you mean entering TEST values?  Do you understand that these values are for loading within the interface editor only, for demonstration / testing purposes?  The actual rule inputs will be passed in (if necessary) by the parent interface and/or process model later.

But if you're just talking about test values: did you click the "set as defaults" button prior to saving?

when I reload the interface I get an error at the top that looks like this:

The error message displayed here has nothing (in particular) to do with your rule input entry - it's telling you that you're not passing in enough components in your gridRow for the expected number (basically the number of components passed in needs to match the number of columns defined).

Children