write to record type

Hi everyone,

I would like to use the "write to record type" activity in a process model to be able to update the fields of a record.

I set up the process as follows with the following variables and settings for the write node, but it always gives me the same error (attached in the figure).

How to configure this node correctly?

Additional question: If you write to the record like this, do you also update the underlying data model table that the record is based on?

Thanks all in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi Alberto,

Your English is very good.  

I would like to suggest you approve Harshitha's answer as correct.  You can see in the error message, that Appian does not recognize the input  as a RecordType.  Presumably then, you are actually passing in a CDT.  This is consistent with the naming conventions of the variables shown.  

RecordTypes generally are named with spaces, and CDTs generally use underscores (_).

Good Luck!

Certified Lead Developer

Hi Alberto,

Your English is very good.  

I would like to suggest you approve Harshitha's answer as correct.  You can see in the error message, that Appian does not recognize the input  as a RecordType.  Presumably then, you are actually passing in a CDT.  This is consistent with the naming conventions of the variables shown.  

RecordTypes generally are named with spaces, and CDTs generally use underscores (_).

Good Luck!

Children
No Data