Document focused UI - replicating Knowledge Center functionality?

Hi all - I am building out a document focused application and have created a Document Record that stores document properties, along with a link to the document. I'd like to built out a UI that is similar to Knowledge Center capabilities, but end user focused, as part of our application. For example, (based on roles),  the selectable document list (which i've done), but including actions like Delete, View Properties, File in Folder, Versions, etc.  Similar to KC in the image below.

My question is:  Is there a way to embed a subset of knowledge center into my app, with a configurable subset of capabilities?  Or do I built it out myself adding the appropriate related actions?  If the latter, is there a place I can look to see under the covers as to how KC is configured?  

And a somewhat related question - i've defined a UI for the user to upload a document and am having trouble figuring out how to map the fileName to my customer record property. I've read the posts about using fv!fileName, but I can't quite figure out where/how to do that.

Thanks in advance!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data