How to update Appian Page Label value dynamically for every user interaction with the page components?

I have a page where the label I am dynamically passing from database.

I have a dropdown menu with 3 values and I want to make sure when I select any of the values and click on submit, my selected value should be updated on the Page label. The problem I am currently facing is for every refresh I am able to see the update value and can't we make it possible without any page refresh??

I already used refreshVariable but didn't work. Please let me know your inputs.

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • I have an application where users are allowed to update their status such as Available, Busy, Offline. Once the user updates their status within the interface, it should be seen on the current Page Label's on the Appian Site. The page of the site contains the interface which allows users to update their status. When ever the user clicks on any of the status, lets say Available, and submit it, the Page label should be changed to Available with out any hard refresh of the page, similarly same goes with the other status options provided. The code is working fine for every refresh or hard refresh of the page or the browser tab but I need to somehow achieve it without manually refreshing it. Hope my requirement is clear now.

It worked using this approach but the thing is entire tab is reloading, well it is expected because of the nature of links and redirections. But still is there any way to develop it without redirecting to the same page.

a!linkField(
        links: a!safeLink(
            label: "SUBMIT",
            uri: "My Page URL goes here",
            openLinkIn: "SAME_TAB"
        )
    )

Any kind of approach is accepted and appreciated.

Children