Checkbox with only one choice value and choice label where you can select or deselect giving true or false

I'm trying to do a required field but I only want the option to select or deselect the required field, I know I've seen that done somewhere, do any of you know how to do it?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Can you clarify- are you saying you're requiring the user to check the checkbox?  As in, if they uncheck it, it'll still fail "required" validation?

Apart from the "required" portion here, I've always implemented a "boolean checkbox" component feature in my environments, where it automatically handles showing a single checkbox and saving a boolean (true/false) value when selected or unselected.  It's not too hard to do this without having a dedicated component, there's just some extra bending-over-backwards you need to implement everywhere it's used.

Certified Lead Developer

Can you clarify- are you saying you're requiring the user to check the checkbox?  As in, if they uncheck it, it'll still fail "required" validation?

Apart from the "required" portion here, I've always implemented a "boolean checkbox" component feature in my environments, where it automatically handles showing a single checkbox and saving a boolean (true/false) value when selected or unselected.  It's not too hard to do this without having a dedicated component, there's just some extra bending-over-backwards you need to implement everywhere it's used.

Children
No Data