Open a site page (have it selected)

Hi all,

I have these site pages, (these pages have rule inputs, but they start as null from sitepages):

On another page, there's a state and location in which the user can click on a button to redirect to those options, in this case I'm able to pass values to RI:

I'm using for these buttons the starprocesslink to display the same site pages, but I notice the tab doesn't have highlighted, it remains highlighted the page from which it was invoked.

Wrong selection:

Desired:

Is there any suggestion in how I can programmatically open the site page (in the 2nd scenario, passing rule inputs) and have it highlighted ?

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I am not sure why you try to use a start process link to "navigate" to a page in a site ?!?

Are you new to Appian?

Each page in a site has a url you can directly link to. I suggest to use a safeLink to allow the user to navigate to that page.

Following the Appian UX best practices, links are for navigation and buttons for actions.

• I am not sure why you try to use a start process link to "navigate" to a page in a site ?!?

because I can't invoke a site page with rule inputs, my UI can receive ruleinputs (values) or not to work.

Are you new to Appian? not at all

Each page in a site has a url you can directly link to. I suggest to use a safeLink to allow the user to navigate to that page. SafeLink doesn't allow to pass values to my UI as ri, thats the reason

Thanks for your help

• I am not sure why you try to use a start process link to "navigate" to a page in a site ?!?

because I can't invoke a site page with rule inputs, my UI can receive ruleinputs (values) or not to work.

Are you new to Appian? not at all

Each page in a site has a url you can directly link to. I suggest to use a safeLink to allow the user to navigate to that page. SafeLink doesn't allow to pass values to my UI as ri, thats the reason

Thanks for your help

Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Ulises

Hm ... OK .... do you mind describing that larger use case and the planned user interaction?

• Of course,

My UI can be acceded from the 1.TOP MENU BAR  and also from 2.another UI.

1. For the First scenario the UI loads without values, meaning that because didn't receive info thought the rule inputs.

2. For the second, the ui can receive info throught the rule inputs, so the UI will be loading specific information regarding to the ri.

The reason I can't use safe link is because I want to pass data to that UI. (from the Card as button)

The implementation that I have works, but the only thing that is weird is because I'm using startprocessstartlink (have processStartform for this UI) to open the UI the Top Banner Page doesn't get highlighted, the one that continue highlighted is the one from gets invoked.

If I manually click on site page directly :

So, my question is how to make the Top Menu Bar Page highlighted in this scenario?

I hope I have explained it better

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Ulises

This is still confusing ... and we are talking about an Appian Site and some Pages, correct? Pages do not support passing any values. And pages do not react on any process start form or user input task. So I really do not understand how this should work.