Format rich-text values

Certified Senior Developer

Hi ,

I have created an interface using rich text field components to display text as mentioned below.

Task Details

1. attribute1: Text1

2. attribute2: Text2

3. attribute3: Text3

4. attribute4: Text4

Now the requirement is to generate this text as it is displaying in the interface using expression rule (for sending to another system using rule input). Is there any way or function in Appian to create listed text item like above mentioned using expression rule.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pradeep.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Technically you should send the data with a proper structure (1-n relationship) and let the other system worry about the rendering in their frontend. If you don't/can't do that, you could try generating some HTML to send to them. They should be able to display that without having to do anything.

in reply to Mathieu Drouin

Thanks for the reply.

@stefan Helzle

we have generated a string text {attribute1: Text1; attribute2: Text2; attribute; Text3; attribute4: Text4}.
    In the interface using rich text field list item i have listed the text as mentioned above in the question. But i need to generate the same text in list items format using expression rule. So, for that i asked is there any function/way for listing text items in expression rule.

I have completed the requirement using split and for-each function, for which i had asked for suggestion yesterday. 

in reply to Mathieu Drouin

Thanks for the reply.

@stefan Helzle

we have generated a string text {attribute1: Text1; attribute2: Text2; attribute; Text3; attribute4: Text4}.
    In the interface using rich text field list item i have listed the text as mentioned above in the question. But i need to generate the same text in list items format using expression rule. So, for that i asked is there any function/way for listing text items in expression rule.

I have completed the requirement using split and for-each function, for which i had asked for suggestion yesterday. 

Children