Checkbox as Radio button functionality

Certified Associate Developer

Hi everyone!

I'd like to explain my issue. I have a Record Type for Drivers, and one of its attributes is a boolean called "Primary driver." I've created an interface named "Driver" for entering information about a single driver, including a description, summary, and metrics. To allow users to mark a driver as the "Primary Driver," I've implemented a checkbox.

Additionally, I have a parent interface named "Multiple Drivers," where users can add up to 5 drivers or remove them. I've used a foreach loop to generate sections for each driver using the child interface. My main challenge is that I want users to be able to select only one driver as the "Primary driver." I'd like the checkboxes for each child interface in "Driver" to function as a group, similar to radio buttons. I want the selection to work smoothly, and users should not have to click again on an active checkbox to deactivate it.

I attempted to manage value changes, but they are saving as "true" and don't change to "false" when I select another checkbox. As you can see in the image, the values deactivate and change, but the "Primary" indicator for each driver object remains "true."

Checkbox

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible