Interface

I have an interface created, It is an employee onboarding form, it is there on the website , so once an employee fills the form, the details gets stored to database table, now my database table is populated with the new employee detail. I have another tab, Update information if an employee needs to update information , so when an employee clicks on Update information it should automatically fetch my older details but is now, how can I make it hapen?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi Manish,

You can follow the below steps to update the information

• Create a record using your desired  DSE as the source
    • The form you created can be a start form in a Process model (or chain the UIT to start node) proceeding with DB writes and the model can be added as a record list action, where the user can add a new employee on demand. 
    • Create a related action passing the primary key to a Process model that queries and displays only that row in a UIT which is editable, hence the user can update the information and on submit, add DB write nodes to update the corresponding row.
    • You can either pull the data from the record to an interface for display and add it in a site tab or edit the list in Record as per your requirement and add the record itself.
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi Manish,

You can follow the below steps to update the information

• Create a record using your desired  DSE as the source
    • The form you created can be a start form in a Process model (or chain the UIT to start node) proceeding with DB writes and the model can be added as a record list action, where the user can add a new employee on demand. 
    • Create a related action passing the primary key to a Process model that queries and displays only that row in a UIT which is editable, hence the user can update the information and on submit, add DB write nodes to update the corresponding row.
    • You can either pull the data from the record to an interface for display and add it in a site tab or edit the list in Record as per your requirement and add the record itself.
Children
No Data