Hello everyone, I need help regarding Advanced Forms Utilities, exac

Hello everyone,

I need help regarding Advanced Forms Utilities, exactly POPULATE DROPDOWNS DYNAMICALLY. First of all, I have two CDTs.
The first CDT has one text parametar which is dropdown list, range parametar - boolean (yes/no), and ID. The second CDT has the same ID, and values which is the second dropdown.
I want this, when I choose text value from the first dropdown, the first ID to connect with the second ID and based on the second ID to show values in the second dropdown list. I want it on click and change.

Can I use this:
FormAPI.populateDropdown("dropdown6", ["GetBusinessOriginDetailsByOriginCode", FormAPI.getValue("dropdown5").id], "code", "description");

or this:

FormAPI.populateDropdownFromCDT = function(dropdown, expr, id_attr, display_attr) {
FormAPI.evaluateServerSideExpression(function(list) {

var ids = [];
var displays = [];
for (var i=0;i<list.length;i++) {
ids[i]=list[i][id_attr];
displays[...

OriginalPostID-45172

OriginalPostID-45172

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I would start by testing the "GetValuerangeBySelectContract" on a test expression rule with the values you have in "dropdown13" to make sure it's actually returning something. If that works, I would then check that "dropdown13" is configured to set the values the "GetValuerangeBySelectContract" rule expects on the "Value" property and not on the "Display Label" property. If that is not the issue either, then I will go to test the process instance itself to make sure that during runtime you are getting the right values. Maybe "dropdown13" doesn't populate the values properly during runtime because there's an issue with the expression used to configure it. Pay attention to typos as you go checking these areas.

Hopefully you'll find the problem somewhere there.
  • I would start by testing the "GetValuerangeBySelectContract" on a test expression rule with the values you have in "dropdown13" to make sure it's actually returning something. If that works, I would then check that "dropdown13" is configured to set the values the "GetValuerangeBySelectContract" rule expects on the "Value" property and not on the "Display Label" property. If that is not the issue either, then I will go to test the process instance itself to make sure that during runtime you are getting the right values. Maybe "dropdown13" doesn't populate the values properly during runtime because there's an issue with the expression used to configure it. Pay attention to typos as you go checking these areas.

Hopefully you'll find the problem somewhere there.
Children
No Data