Hello everyone, I need help regarding Advanced Forms Utilities, exac

Hello everyone,

I need help regarding Advanced Forms Utilities, exactly POPULATE DROPDOWNS DYNAMICALLY. First of all, I have two CDTs.
The first CDT has one text parametar which is dropdown list, range parametar - boolean (yes/no), and ID. The second CDT has the same ID, and values which is the second dropdown.
I want this, when I choose text value from the first dropdown, the first ID to connect with the second ID and based on the second ID to show values in the second dropdown list. I want it on click and change.

Can I use this:
FormAPI.populateDropdown("dropdown6", ["GetBusinessOriginDetailsByOriginCode", FormAPI.getValue("dropdown5").id], "code", "description");

or this:

FormAPI.populateDropdownFromCDT = function(dropdown, expr, id_attr, display_attr) {
FormAPI.evaluateServerSideExpression(function(list) {

var ids = [];
var displays = [];
for (var i=0;i<list.length;i++) {
ids[i]=list[i][id_attr];
displays[...

OriginalPostID-45172

OriginalPostID-45172

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Nothing jumps out to me from what you are mentioning. Everything seems fine. There might be something else causing the issue. The only other thing I can think of right now is the dropdown type. Make sure that it's the same type as the values you are trying to populate (in this case it would be text).

Try experimenting with paragraph fields to test the javascript code instead of the dropdown fields. That might help you visualize if there's something off with the data being returned or if the code is doing something you were not expecting.

You can also try using IE's developer tools to debug the javascript code (press F12 to bring the console up on IE9, not sure if it is available out-of-the-box for IE8).
  • Nothing jumps out to me from what you are mentioning. Everything seems fine. There might be something else causing the issue. The only other thing I can think of right now is the dropdown type. Make sure that it's the same type as the values you are trying to populate (in this case it would be text).

Try experimenting with paragraph fields to test the javascript code instead of the dropdown fields. That might help you visualize if there's something off with the data being returned or if the code is doing something you were not expecting.

You can also try using IE's developer tools to debug the javascript code (press F12 to bring the console up on IE9, not sure if it is available out-of-the-box for IE8).
Children
No Data