Hello everyone, I need help regarding Advanced Forms Utilities, exac

Hello everyone,

I need help regarding Advanced Forms Utilities, exactly POPULATE DROPDOWNS DYNAMICALLY. First of all, I have two CDTs.
The first CDT has one text parametar which is dropdown list, range parametar - boolean (yes/no), and ID. The second CDT has the same ID, and values which is the second dropdown.
I want this, when I choose text value from the first dropdown, the first ID to connect with the second ID and based on the second ID to show values in the second dropdown list. I want it on click and change.

Can I use this:
FormAPI.populateDropdown("dropdown6", ["GetBusinessOriginDetailsByOriginCode", FormAPI.getValue("dropdown5").id], "code", "description");

or this:

FormAPI.populateDropdownFromCDT = function(dropdown, expr, id_attr, display_attr) {
FormAPI.evaluateServerSideExpression(function(list) {

var ids = [];
var displays = [];
for (var i=0;i<list.length;i++) {
ids[i]=list[i][id_attr];
displays[...

OriginalPostID-45172

OriginalPostID-45172

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • It sounds like using the Advanced Form Utilities is making more difficult to accomplish what you are trying to do than what it is worth. I would recommend trying to come up with a different approach that doesn't require using the Advanced Form Utilities. You could try splitting up your logic into 2 different forms so the choice from the first can be incorporated on the second one.
  • It sounds like using the Advanced Form Utilities is making more difficult to accomplish what you are trying to do than what it is worth. I would recommend trying to come up with a different approach that doesn't require using the Advanced Form Utilities. You could try splitting up your logic into 2 different forms so the choice from the first can be incorporated on the second one.
Children
No Data