Unable to detach file from a!fileUploadField

Hello,

I have a problem with a form interface where users are supposed to be able to drop a file with a a!fileUploadField, but if the user tries to detach the file before submitting form or to detach it by updating the record, I have this error :

Could not display interface. Please check definition and inputs. Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = U7CHV] : An error occurred while executing a save: Expression evaluation error: Cannot update List of LIH Attach; length of assign value list (0) does not match length of the list to update (1)

I have already used this in another interface and it worked, the only difference is that the value and saveInto are using a relationship this time.

Here is the code :

a!fileUploadField(
                  label: "Pièce jointe",
                  labelPosition: "ABOVE",
                  placeholder: "Placez la pièce jointe ici",
                  target: cons!LIH_GET_ATTACH_CONTRIBUTION,
                  maxSelections: 1,
                  value: ri!recordContribution['recordType!{58f0a27e-e82a-45c8-a2ba-447508f8a5c2}LIH Contribution.relationships.{8b2cb979-71b4-4926-819d-b9cdd9b68eda}lihAttach.fields.{e8f68519-d34f-4654-b900-151916fafe5a}docId'],
                  saveInto: ri!recordContribution['recordType!{58f0a27e-e82a-45c8-a2ba-447508f8a5c2}LIH Contribution.relationships.{8b2cb979-71b4-4926-819d-b9cdd9b68eda}lihAttach.fields.{e8f68519-d34f-4654-b900-151916fafe5a}docId'],
                  validations: {if(
                    or(fv!files.size > 2000000), 
                    "Le fichier ne peut pas faire plus de 2MB. Merci de retirer : " & 
                    index(fv!files, "name", where(fv!files.size > 2000000), {}), 
                    ""
                  )}
                )

Someone already created a topic about this but there was no response in months so I'm asking it again.

Thanks for any help you could provide

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

That's no surprise. You try to write a list with zero items into a single field in a related record.

I did never try this specific situation myself, but when I try to store document data to a list of records, I do that directly in the saveInto. What I mean is, to run a foreach on save!value creating a record structure for each file, and then store that to the rule input.

• Thanks for the answer,

Why is it defined as a list of record ? I'm just targeting a normal field of a normal record but through a relationship, I didn't define it as a list or an array at any moment, why is the rule input considered as a list ? Is it because the relationship is one-to-many ?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to SGT FLANAGAN Michael

Are you new to Appian? The way how Appian data structures work, will take a while to get used to. Yes, this is considered a one-to-many which makes it a list.

I turned your code into a working example.

a!localVariables(
      local!case: a!map(
        id: 42,
        documents: null
      ),
      a!fileUploadField(
        label: "Pièce jointe",
        labelPosition: "ABOVE",
        placeholder: "Placez la pièce jointe ici",
        target: tofolder(123),
        maxSelections: 3,
        value: index(local!case.documents, "documentId", null),
        saveInto: a!save(
          target: local!case.documents,
          value: a!forEach(
            items: save!value,
            expression: a!map(
              id: null,
              documentId: fv!item
            )
          )
        ),
        validations: {if(
          or(fv!files.size > 2000000), 
          "Le fichier ne peut pas faire plus de 2MB. Merci de retirer : " & 
          index(fv!files, "name", where(fv!files.size > 2000000), {}), 
          ""
        )}
      )
    )

• Yes I'm developping my first app and I have no dev background.

I'll retry with your code as an example, thanks