Reload the Site Upon button click

Certified Associate Developer

Hi, 

Can you Give some options on reloading the site or refreshing the pages. I wanted to bring back the customer back to parent screen  upon submission and start a new request. there are many local variables to be refreshed hence wanted a know if there is a quick way to reload the site which can set the pages to default values. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Depending on what "the pages" is, you have plenty of options. Regarding local variables, you could just use a list of a!save() to reset these to their initial state.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

I tried both a!refreshvaraibles and a!save(), but the problem is I am not able to reset the child interface. One of the section is using child child interface.  Also,I am using is having a milestone , where the user needs to fill in the step by step. and upon submit, he has to return back to the step1, to start a new request.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to kowsalyavijayan

This conversation lacks context and is way too abstract.

In Appian, the general way to implement user interaction is, to use record actions to start off. Once that process is completed, the UI will automatically return to the record list where the user can start a new action.

If this does not fit your requirements, you can use a process, and its start form, as a page in a site. Once the process is completed, the UI will return to showing that start form.

If this is not good enough, you can use a recordActionField or startProcessLink to start almost any process from any place. Once completed, it will return to that interface.

At last, you could just build a dynamic interface that embeds the to-be started UI. Then you need to manage everything yourself.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to kowsalyavijayan

This conversation lacks context and is way too abstract.

In Appian, the general way to implement user interaction is, to use record actions to start off. Once that process is completed, the UI will automatically return to the record list where the user can start a new action.

If this does not fit your requirements, you can use a process, and its start form, as a page in a site. Once the process is completed, the UI will return to showing that start form.

If this is not good enough, you can use a recordActionField or startProcessLink to start almost any process from any place. Once completed, it will return to that interface.

At last, you could just build a dynamic interface that embeds the to-be started UI. Then you need to manage everything yourself.

Children
No Data