Using a PDF template to generate a document in workflow, is it possible to speci

Using a PDF template to generate a document in workflow, is it possible to specify on the Appian side what font to use? I am using Adobe LifeCycle to create the pdf template and the variable text fields that will be populated by the Appian process. Although I specify Frutiger font in LifeCycle for the variable fields, they output in a different font. Any configuration settings in Appian to add a font - either that or I have to get a PCL version of the font for the HP printer?...

OriginalPostID-48115

OriginalPostID-48115

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Normally the selected font is maintained. Have you tried installing the font on the server? The PDF is generated server side, so maybe if you're using a font that the server doesn't recognize, it gets lost during PDF generation.
  • Hi Jed, thanks for looking it - I'm sure LifeCycle is trapping the Frutiger font OK - since it is a selectable font in their drop down. I know the Frutiger font is not supported by the HP printer - but some argue that the font type should be embedded in the pdf so the HP or any printer type should just spit it out - doesn't appear to be the case. We're not using a print server - going directly to the device. Last resort, perhaps, is to get a PCL version of the Frutiger font and load it in the printer. So no fonts in Appian to configure?