I have an application which reads data from our MySQL database into a CDT and th

I have an application which reads data from our MySQL database into a CDT and then converts this data into an Excel spreadsheet using the 'ExportCDTtoExcel' Smart Service. Once the data is in the spreadsheet, a form is displayed with a link to the spreadsheet data. This is working without problem.

Unfortunately, between extracting the data from MySQL and converting it to Excel, I need to call a Web Service for each row of the extracted data, which goes off to the company's main DB2 database for additional data.

I have been asked to create a 'holding form' saying 'Please wait while the data is fetched' which should appear as soon as the application starts and which disappears, to be replaced by the form containing the link to the data once it is available.

We have been trying to do this by having a Boolean variable 'isTheDataReady'. This is initially set to False. It gets set to True at the appropriate time. The holding form contains an exception...

OriginalPostID-120907

OriginalPostID-120907

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data