Links on buttons

Certified Associate Developer

Why do buttonWidgets not have a linkField property? It would be ideal if they did.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

This has been a product request of mine for years.  StartProcessLink is another fine example of something I'd love to be able to put on a button.  There just shouldn't be limitations on what you CAN do with a button when you could easily configure it, then to Stephan's point you could include polite suggestions what you maybe SHOULDN'T do with a button in design documentation.  Some of course would be redundant, like putting submitLink() on a button when you could just set the button's submit: to true.  However, what you would gain far outweighs what silliness you would allow.

Certified Lead Developer

This has been a product request of mine for years.  StartProcessLink is another fine example of something I'd love to be able to put on a button.  There just shouldn't be limitations on what you CAN do with a button when you could easily configure it, then to Stephan's point you could include polite suggestions what you maybe SHOULDN'T do with a button in design documentation.  Some of course would be redundant, like putting submitLink() on a button when you could just set the button's submit: to true.  However, what you would gain far outweighs what silliness you would allow.

Children
No Data