How to start a rule input with data?

Certified Associate Developer

Hi team,

im looking a way to start a rule input with data, for example: i get data in a child sail that i need to pass in a parent sail at the first moment the parent sail calls to child

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Not sure if your question has the right information to provide an accurate answer. But from what I understand, it would some specific identifier unless until you want to show all your data(Would be pre-loaded/fetched in the child interface). 

1. Have a local variable in the child interface which would use a expression rule to get/query the data either using a identifier or some specific filter value which would be a rule input and then use this local variable/data across the interface.

2. Call the child interface rule in the parent interface and in the parameters pass the identifier or the input value of your child interface which will be showing you data.

this cannot work the other way around to save the data unless you pass the whole data using a rule input on save from the child interface.

in reply to Konduru Chaitanya

Hi, what im really trying to do is get the data from de child interface, in the parent interface i have a foreach to show the same child interface per item but with different data because the data showed depends on the info in the item given, so this is working well, but i need to get the data from each interface and append all of them in the parent interface in a local variable, and i tried to pass a ri in the child interface but when i tried to append this ri it doesn't work, the local just recover the data of the interface that im selecting in that moment. if you need to see the code i could share the interfaces :) thank you for your response

in reply to Konduru Chaitanya

Hi, what im really trying to do is get the data from de child interface, in the parent interface i have a foreach to show the same child interface per item but with different data because the data showed depends on the info in the item given, so this is working well, but i need to get the data from each interface and append all of them in the parent interface in a local variable, and i tried to pass a ri in the child interface but when i tried to append this ri it doesn't work, the local just recover the data of the interface that im selecting in that moment. if you need to see the code i could share the interfaces :) thank you for your response

Children