How to start a rule input with data?

Certified Associate Developer

Hi team,

im looking a way to start a rule input with data, for example: i get data in a child sail that i need to pass in a parent sail at the first moment the parent sail calls to child

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

For an interface, when viewing it via the Interface Designer, you simply hit "test", enter your testing values, press "save as default".

For child interfaces or expression rules - if you're calling them from a parent interface, you can pass in the appropriate data as rule inputs, or you can hardcode some values if you really want - it all depends on the particular details of what you're trying to do.  If you want much more specific answers though you'll need to tell us more about where you're looking, what you're trying to accomplish, and what issue(s) you're having with accomplishing it.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

thank you Mike, and yes i need more specific answers, this is the scenario: what im really trying to do is get the data from de child interface, in the parent interface i have a foreach to show the same child interface per item but with different data because the data showed depends on the info in the item given, so this is working well, but i need to get the data from each interface and append all of them in the parent interface in a local variable, and i tried to pass a ri in the child interface but when i tried to append this ri it doesn't work, the local just recover the data of the interface that im selecting in that moment. if you need to see the code i could share the interfaces :) 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to almamnava
    what im really trying to do is get the data from de child interface, in the parent interface

Generally speaking this is not how the data flow from child to parent interfaces works.  Usually you would get the data in the parent interface and pass it into the child interface.

If you can share your interface code (please be sure to use a code box) as well as a description / screenshots of what's currently happening, versus what you need to happen given the data in question, it might help us get some more specific answers in place for you.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to almamnava
    what im really trying to do is get the data from de child interface, in the parent interface

Generally speaking this is not how the data flow from child to parent interfaces works.  Usually you would get the data in the parent interface and pass it into the child interface.

If you can share your interface code (please be sure to use a code box) as well as a description / screenshots of what's currently happening, versus what you need to happen given the data in question, it might help us get some more specific answers in place for you.

Children
No Data