About some data not being displayed on the site(サイト上で一部のデータが表示されない件について)

Hello everyone, I have a question for you.
I am experiencing an issue where some data is not being displayed on a site that is currently under development, and I would appreciate any hints on how to resolve the issue.

I recently added a new field to one of my master DBs.
We also re-mapped the record types and performed record sync.
We're also adding new fields to CDT and republishing the datastore.

Based on the above, I performed the process of passing a CDT to the rule input of a certain interface and displaying it. The relevant description is
ri!○○CDT[recordType!○○.field.××××]

It is displayed normally on the editing screen, but it is not displayed on the site. When transitioning to the relevant screen on the site, a process model is running behind the scenes, and process variables are passed to the form.
This process variable's CDT is querying the record type.
To check if the query is incorrect, I run the same query on a temporary interface, and all values are successfully retrieved.

Summary
・Can be displayed on the interface editing screen
・Can also be obtained as a process variable
・Can be displayed even if rule input is specified for the page before transition
・Some parts cannot be displayed only when transitioning to the corresponding page via the site

It becomes. Please let me know if there are any omissions in my steps.
Also, if you know the solution, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thank you.

ーーーー

こんにちは、皆さんに質問があります。
開発中のサイトで、一部のデータが表示されない事象が発生しており解決のヒントをいただきたく存じます。

最近、あるマスタDBに新しいフィールドを追加しました。
レコードタイプも再度マッピングし、レコード同期を行いました。
CDTにも新しいフィールドを追加し、データストアを再公開しています。

上記を踏まえ、あるインターフェースのルール入力にCDTを渡して表示する処理を行いました。該当の記述は
 ri!○○CDT[recordType!○○.field.××××]

編集画面上では正常に表示されていますが、サイト上では表示されない状態です。サイトで該当画面へ遷移する際、裏でプロセスモデルが動いており、フォームにはプロセス変数を渡しています。
このプロセス変数のCDTはレコードタイプをクエリしています。
クエリの間違いを確認するため、テンポラリーのインターフェース上で同一のクエリを実行したところ、正常にすべての値が取得されます。

まとめると
・インターフェースの編集画面で表示が可能
・プロセス変数でも取得が可能
・遷移前のページのルール入力を指定した場合も表示が可能
・サイト経由で該当のページへ遷移した場合のみ一部表示不可

となります。私の手順に抜けがあればご指摘いただきたいです。
また、解決策をご存じの方は誠に恐れ入りますがご教示いただけますと幸いです。

よろしくお願いいたします。

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

Hi, do you see any errors in the log files? It doesn't make sense, because you should see the same information... maybe in the logs you can find a clue...

• Thank you for your comment!
    I haven't seen the log file yet, I'll take a look!
    Are there any points to check?

*After posting, I also tried the following:
    - Change the DB data type from TEXT to VARCHAR (unify the existing one)
    ・Set the DB structure from NONE to NULL (unify the existing structure)
    ・Download the CDT XSD file, correct the description that differs from the existing field, and increase the version.
    ・Republish the datastore
    ・Check variables and rule input on the screen before transitioning to the relevant site page

As of now, we have not found a solution yet...
    Thank you.

コメントくださりありがとうございます!
    ログファイルはまだ見たことがありません、見てみます!
    確認のポイントなどはありますでしょうか?

※投稿後、以下のことも試しました。
    ・DBのデータ型をTEXT→ VARCHARに直す(既存に統一する)
    ・DBの構造をNONE→NULLに設定する(既存に統一する)
    ・CDTのXSDファイルをダウンロードして既存フィールドと異なる記述を修正し、バージョンを上げる
    ・データストアを再公開する
    ・該当のサイトページに遷移する前の画面の変数やルール入力を確認する

現時点ではまだ解決に至っておりません、、、
    よろしくお願いいたします。

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to misakib0705

Do you have nested cdt's? how did you create them?

• Thank you for your reply.
    The CDT was not nested, but a new item was added to the existing one.
    The CDT in question was created by someone in the team.
    Since we added more fields to the DB since it was first created, we also added items to the CDT.
    When editing the CDT, we first opened the CDT in question from the object in Appian Designer and added items on the browser screen.
    Since then, we have downloaded the XSD from the gear icon of the CDT object, checked the contents, modified it, and created the new version of the CDT by uploading the modified XSD file.
    The problem has not been resolved, and the cause is unknown...

ご返信ありがとうございます。
    CDTはネストではなく、既存のものに新しく項目を追加しました。
    該当のCDT自体はチーム内の誰かが作成したものです。
    作成当初よりDBにフィールドを増やしたため、CDTも併せて項目を追加しました。
    CDTを編集する際、はじめはAppianデザイナーのオブジェクトから該当のCDTを開き、ブラウザの画面上で項目の追加を行いました。
    以降は、CDTオブジェクトの歯車アイコンからXSDをダウンロードして中身を確認し、それを修正し、修正したXSDファイルを新しいバージョンのCDTとしてファイルをアップロードすることで作成しています。
    問題は解決しておらず、原因は不明です、、

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to misakib0705

What is the type of the item you've just added in the cdt?

Coukd you share here the xsd file  and the code you are using in order to replicate the problem?

• Thank you for your comment.
    The types added to CDT are text and numeric, and the numeric values ​​are being displayed.
    Thanks to the cooperation of the team, we made some progress today. Based on that, it is highly likely that the cause lies not in CDT, but in the implementation of other screens or process models. Let me explain.

First, let's call the screen where the display cannot be confirmed "Screen 3".
    To open "Screen 3" on the site, you go through other screens, in that order, "Screen 1" and then "Screen 2".
    When transitioning to "Screen 3", the process model is running in the background.

・The value is displayed correctly on the editing screen of "Screen 3".
    ・When you move to "Screen 3" by pressing the button from the editing screen of "Screen 2", the value is displayed correctly.
    ・When you move from the editing screen of "Screen 1" to "Screen 2" or "Screen 3", the value is not displayed.
    ・The value is stored correctly in the "rule input" and "local variables" of all related screens.
    ・When you move to "Screen 1", "Screen 2", or "Screen 3" from the site instead of the editing screen, the value is not displayed.
    ・When you display the process model of "Screen 3" in debug mode, the value is displayed.

What we can see so far is that the display of the value changes depending on the route to reach "Screen 3". The problem seems to be something other than the data.

From here on, I will share the knowledge of my teammate. When we tried to move to "Screen 3" by entering some of the items that are not displayed on "Screen 3" from a text box on "Screen 2" and then transitioning to "Screen 3", the value entered from the text box was displayed on "Screen 3".
    We tried the same thing with other scenarios with a similar structure ("Screen 1" → "Screen 4" → "Screen 5") and got the same results.

From here on, it is just a guess, but I think that the values ​​that are not displayed on "Screen 3" can be displayed by handling them on the previous stage, "Screen 2". The items in question were added to the DB/CDT later, but not all of them. There are many mysteries, but I have come close to resolving the issue of not being able to display them. I apologize for the long message. Thank you in advance.

コメントありがとうございます。
    CDTに追加したタイプはテキストと数値で、数値は表示されています。
    チームの協力により、本日進展がございました。その内容によると、原因はCDTではなく他の画面やプロセスモデルの実装にある可能性が高くなりました。ご説明させてください。

まず、表示が確認できない画面を「画面3」とします。
    「画面3」をサイト上で開くには「画面1」「画面2」の順に、別の画面を経由しています。
    「画面3」へ遷移する際、裏ではプロセスモデルが動いています。

・「画面3」の編集画面では、値は正常に表示されます
    ・「画面2」の編集画面からボタン押下で「画面3」に遷移すると、値は正常に表示されます
    ・「画面1」の編集画面から「画面2」、「画面3」へ遷移すると、値は表示されません
    ・関連するすべての画面の「ルール入力」や「ローカル変数」では正しく値が格納されています
    ・編集画面ではなくサイトから「画面1」「画面2」「画面3」へ遷移すると、値は表示されません
    ・「画面3」のプロセスモデルのデバッグモードで表示した場合、値は表示されます

ここまででわかることは、「画面3」に到達するまでの経路によって値の表示有無が変化していることです。問題はデータ以外にありそうです。

ここからはチームメイトの知見です。「画面3」で表示されない項目の一部を、「画面2」でテキストボックスから入力後「画面3」へ遷移する方法を行ったところ、テキストボックスから入力した値は「画面3」で表示されていました。
    似た構造の他のシナリオ(「画面1」→「画面4」→「画面5」)でも同様に試したところ、同じ結果が得られました。

ここからは推測段階ですが、「画面3」で表示されない値はその前段階の「画面2」で取り扱うことで表示が可能になるのではないかと考えています。問題の項目は後からDB/CDTに追加したもので、しかしそのすべてではありません。謎が多いですが、表示できないという点については解消に近づけました。長文となり申し訳ございません。よろしくお願いいたします。