An error occurred while executing a save: Expression evaluation error: The save target must be a local variable that does not refresh on every evaluation or on an interval, a process variable, or a node input (or a rule input passed one of those three), bu

Certified Senior Developer

I'm getting this error while updating a form. During creating a form, all goes well but as soon as I try to update the form with existing data (I'm updating a dropdown with a new value and this is where it's erroring out)

The dropdown field is being called from another interface, everything in that interface works except for that dropdown. Can anyone please tell me what is going on with the saves? I'm including a screenshot of the dropdown field that's erroring out. Any help is appreciated!

Once a new value is selected, the below error occurs

Here is the dropdown field for reference.

If more screenshots/explanation is needed, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide more!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

We have no way of knowing what the rule "GF_uiFieldDropdown()" is doing, but my first guess is that you don't need to be using the "additionalSaves" parameter.  Does the rule have a regular "saveInto" parameter?  Can you share a screenshot of what the rule is doing inside its main "saveInto"?

in reply to Mike Schmitt

Yeah sorry about that. We're using a generic dropdown component. Let me share the code of that dropdown. The additionalsave is supposed to mirror a regular saveinto

most of the values are rule inputs being passed in for easier use throughout the application. Let me know if you need clarification on anything! Right now I'm passing in the following in order for the additionalsaves to work

ri!value : tointeger(ri!fleetcalc.vehicleclassid)

ri!additionalsave: ri!fleetcalc.vehicleclassid

in reply to Mike Schmitt

Yeah sorry about that. We're using a generic dropdown component. Let me share the code of that dropdown. The additionalsave is supposed to mirror a regular saveinto

most of the values are rule inputs being passed in for easier use throughout the application. Let me know if you need clarification on anything! Right now I'm passing in the following in order for the additionalsaves to work

ri!value : tointeger(ri!fleetcalc.vehicleclassid)

ri!additionalsave: ri!fleetcalc.vehicleclassid

Children