Auto-refresh page to prevent getting Timed Out

Hi experts,

I have an interesting requirement and I am currently investigating whether it is possible in Appian or not.

The requirement is to have a page that is constantly refreshing so it always shows the latest data on the screen and ideally have that auto-refresh prevent the logged in user from getting timed out/auto sign out due to inactivity.

I've set the session timeout for my app to the minimum which is 15mins.

The data of the dashboard is coming via stored procedure. I've tested this by adding the refreshVariable function together with the refreshInterval property for a local variable on the page that just keeps getting a random number and each time the refreshInterval hits, the number shown on the interface gets updated. This seems to work although I haven't tested whether this would work when the data of the local variable is coming via stored procedure. Regardless, it still doesn't prevent the time out. 

In summary, my data is coming from stored procedure and I need to get it to constantly update automatically to get the latest data without getting timed out due to inactivity.

Is there any way I can achieve this without getting timed out?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing any suggestions!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible