Hi Everyone, On SAIL form, I am using Paragraph field to Write descri

Hi Everyone,

On SAIL form, I am using Paragraph field to Write description. The limit for that field is 170 characters. I want that if user tries to write the charcters more than limit, the paragraph won't allow user to enter more characters. can anybody guide how to do it?

Thanks.

OriginalPostID-137770

OriginalPostID-137770

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    It seems that it might be possible to tweak the SaveInto's in such a way that once the limit is reached, it refuses to save any further characters - however this would require using "refresh after keypress" and it seems that it would be costly in terms of performance.

I suggest looking into what Tim suggests - I've done something similar myself, where the field fails validation if it's over X characters (where X is the limit), and the validation message says something like "The limit is X characters; currently entered: Y characters" (so the user has some gauge on how "over" they are).
    Certified Lead Developer
    It seems that it might be possible to tweak the SaveInto's in such a way that once the limit is reached, it refuses to save any further characters - however this would require using "refresh after keypress" and it seems that it would be costly in terms of performance.

I suggest looking into what Tim suggests - I've done something similar myself, where the field fails validation if it's over X characters (where X is the limit), and the validation message says something like "The limit is X characters; currently entered: Y characters" (so the user has some gauge on how "over" they are).
Children
No Data