I have a editable grid with 3 columns: a id, question, grade. I need the id col

I have a editable grid with 3 columns: a id, question, grade. I need the id column to save off that value but I want to hide it from view to all users. How can I hide this column?

OriginalPostID-140506

OriginalPostID-140506

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If your use case is you have value in id and question column and user select grade from dropdown so for which row user selected grade you want to save id of that particular row then you don't have to show id to users, you can use this code in saveInto of dropdown field.

a!save(ri!SelectedIds,tointeger(index(index(local!Items,where(not(apply(isnull(_),local!Items.grade))),{}),"id",{})))

here SelectedIds is the variable of type list of number(integer) where you want to save selected ids.
    Items is the type of cdt where you have these three columns.
  • If your use case is you have value in id and question column and user select grade from dropdown so for which row user selected grade you want to save id of that particular row then you don't have to show id to users, you can use this code in saveInto of dropdown field.

a!save(ri!SelectedIds,tointeger(index(index(local!Items,where(not(apply(isnull(_),local!Items.grade))),{}),"id",{})))

here SelectedIds is the variable of type list of number(integer) where you want to save selected ids.
    Items is the type of cdt where you have these three columns.
Children
No Data