I have a really long screen and there has to be considerable scrolling up and do

I have a really long screen and there has to be considerable scrolling up and down the screen. There are buttons at different places of the screen. On click of these buttons, the user is taken to a different screen and once the other screen is completed the user is brought back to the original long screen. There is a requirement where the user should be returned to the same place from which he has left the screen. So when the original screen loads, it should not be at the top. Any inputs?

OriginalPostID-140518

OriginalPostID-140518

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Why do you have a big form? Have you considered breaking the forms into dynamic sections that show the relevant information based on selection. What I am suggesting is to have links on top of the form that act as 'tabs' so you provide a logical name for each section of the big form and the user can click on each of the sections to enter relevant information.
    In this approach, when a user makes a change, you can bring them back to the form and focus on the relevant section where they were OR they should be.
  • Why don't you use dynamic sections? Just add section conditionally when required so user when clicks a button or a dynamic link only then a particular section opens, try to keep viewport for user as short as possible.
  • Agree with the above solution. Alternatively, you can create buttons for each new section and open a different section on the same form whenever any of those buttons are clicked.
    You can do this by saving a different value on these buttons. Let's say you want to open a new section to modify/edit some data on the existing form, then you can create a button "Edit" and save value "edit" ,on its click, in a variable like "btn".
    On your main form, show a new section whenever the value of "btn" is edit. You can do this way.

if(
    ri!btn= "edit",
    a!sectionLayout(
    /*your new section*/
    ),
    { }
    )

In your section you can add a button named "done" or "save changes" and save its value in the same "btn" variable. Now when you click on this button, the value of variable will be changed and the if condition will become false. Consequently, your new section will also get hide.
  • Hi All, Thanks for the inputs. We actually have multiple sections built out for this. These are sections which are completed in sequence. Where you complete one section, you move on the next. This was achieved in process model (in a flow), so at any moment they see only the active section in UI node.But business wants it in a way that they see all the sections in one single form. There are buttons in this form which will take you different form and once the other form is completed, load the big form again.
    Is there a way to control the location at which the form is loaded on screen? I want the screen to load at the exact button location at which user went out and returned back to the original screen. At present it always loads from the top.
  • Hi All, I have a similar requirement to take user to the same point in the screen where he left when he comes back to the screen. Any inputs for this now?