Hi All, We have a Tempo form scenario where a user must upload a Specifica

Hi All,
We have a Tempo form scenario where a user must upload a Specification and a Tender file, as per the screenshot.
Some of the documents are over 10MB, so take a short amount of time to upload. A common issue is that the user starts the upload of the Specification file then immediately starts the Tender file upload.
If the the Specification file has not fully completed it's upload before the Tender upload is initiated, the form fails with an error and closes.

Our planned workaround is to prevent the user from uploading the Tender document by disabling the upload option until the Specification document upload is completed,

Is there a more elegant solution ?

OriginalPostID-142063

OriginalPostID-142063

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Would it be worth splitting this out in to seperate tasks? I have read there may be some issues with documents being used in SAIL, i.e. The validation of them?

You could still make the user experience appear seamless, but the next button only displays the next file upload button once the form has been submitted and you have checked the upload of the document with some validation on the output of the user task?

Only some thoughts and not a solution!
  • Would it be worth splitting this out in to seperate tasks? I have read there may be some issues with documents being used in SAIL, i.e. The validation of them?

You could still make the user experience appear seamless, but the next button only displays the next file upload button once the form has been submitted and you have checked the upload of the document with some validation on the output of the user task?

Only some thoughts and not a solution!
Children
No Data