My organization and I are relatively new to Appian and are working on building o

Certified Associate Developer
My organization and I are relatively new to Appian and are working on building our first SAIL interfaces. We have a business need for users to be able to complete tables of varying lengths. I started with the SAIL recipe for an Inline Editable Grid and I have no problems creating the table and it's supporting expression, ucItemRowEach.

However, I am running into difficulties writing the data in that table to my process. The instructions from the recipe include creating a CDT "for items with the same fields as in the example" as well as replacing the local!items with an ri!items. I have not been able to persist data from the table to the "main interface" ri!items and thus to my process. Could someone provide an example of a ucItemRowEach expression and a "main interface" expression that has been modified with the intention of writing to process?

I am still uncertain as to whether the data will come from the "main interface" ri!items or from the ucItemR...

OriginalPostID-146157

OriginalPostID-146157

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Thank you Jon and jpheh; this really helped me understand the relationship betwen the Parent rule, the Supporting rule, and the CDT. I had populated my equivalent "sampleCDT" parent rule input with load(), which was creating problems. Using the example, I was able to bring the variable table data all the way through submission, an approval, and ultimately to a database table. The in-line editable grid adds a lot of flexibility and capabilities to forms; I am very happy I got this to work. Again I appreciate the help! :)
    Thank you Jon and jpheh; this really helped me understand the relationship betwen the Parent rule, the Supporting rule, and the CDT. I had populated my equivalent "sampleCDT" parent rule input with load(), which was creating problems. Using the example, I was able to bring the variable table data all the way through submission, an approval, and ultimately to a database table. The in-line editable grid adds a lot of flexibility and capabilities to forms; I am very happy I got this to work. Again I appreciate the help! :)
Children
No Data