Expression evaluation error at function a!util_sasaUiSource: An error occurred w

Expression evaluation error at function a!util_sasaUiSource: An error occurred while executing a save: java.lang.NullPointerException.

The dataset is loading perfectly good on sail environment but the same is returning null pointer exception..
The objective is to add/remove country to a paging grid.
Can some one help

Thanks in advance.

pagingGrid3.sail

OriginalPostID-149871

OriginalPostID-149871

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @deepanc Quick observations:

1. associatedRegions is initiated as an array variable in load().
    local!associatedRegions:{}

2. But under "Add country" button you are expecting the same variable to behave as an CDT which is not right as per my knowledge. So this could be cause of an issue.
    Example:
    local!associatedRegions.REGION_EID
    local!associatedRegions.NAME

In order to resolve this, initialise the associatedRegions to the desired cdt type. For instance it should be local!associatedRegions: {type!my_CDT()}. Go with this resolution only if you expect local!associatedRegions to behave as CDT. Else plan for an alternative way of coding.

Also please note that, under the "Add country" button component, you are using 'apend' instead of append which will result in an error down the line when you include a valid condition in if().

a!save(local!associatedRegions.REGION_EID,if(1, local!unassignedRegionID,apend(local!associatedRegions.REGION_EID, local!unassignedRegionID)))

AFAIK a!util_sasaUiSource() is an internal function used by Appian while rendering UI and this hasn't been exposed to us. I often see it in errors. So I guess we don't need to think about it.
  • @deepanc Quick observations:

1. associatedRegions is initiated as an array variable in load().
    local!associatedRegions:{}

2. But under "Add country" button you are expecting the same variable to behave as an CDT which is not right as per my knowledge. So this could be cause of an issue.
    Example:
    local!associatedRegions.REGION_EID
    local!associatedRegions.NAME

In order to resolve this, initialise the associatedRegions to the desired cdt type. For instance it should be local!associatedRegions: {type!my_CDT()}. Go with this resolution only if you expect local!associatedRegions to behave as CDT. Else plan for an alternative way of coding.

Also please note that, under the "Add country" button component, you are using 'apend' instead of append which will result in an error down the line when you include a valid condition in if().

a!save(local!associatedRegions.REGION_EID,if(1, local!unassignedRegionID,apend(local!associatedRegions.REGION_EID, local!unassignedRegionID)))

AFAIK a!util_sasaUiSource() is an internal function used by Appian while rendering UI and this hasn't been exposed to us. I often see it in errors. So I guess we don't need to think about it.
Children
No Data