Hi, Everyone I am trying to incorporate security on feeds that are b

Hi, Everyone

I am trying to incorporate security on feeds that are been posted to tempo.My objective is that only those users should be able to see the feeds on tempo that are been stored in process variable (pv!users) .If that process variable is updated and any user is removed or added than the users in that updated process variable must only see the feeds related to that process.(Removed users should no longer see the feeds and newly added users should see the respective feeds.)

When I am passing togroup(pv!users) to the viewers group of "Post feed to Tempo" Smart service, irrespective of who are the users present in the process variable, all users are able to see the feeds on tempo.

I have also tried to use "Tempo Audience Group" that is by default present in People Tab, and have passed in Viewers group of Smart service, but that will create a group for each instance of my process at root directory of Groups.

Hence, along with the abov...

OriginalPostID-60646

OriginalPostID-60646

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @Abhishek: Yes you are right. This would violate one of my use case. If I delete the users from the group before the process terminates and return the group back to pool, the tempo feeds of that particular instance will no longer be visible.

In that case, from all the discussions we have the only way which I can see is that I have no option other than creating group for each process instance and managing users in that group. So number of groups created will be directly proportional to the instances spawned.
    Is that the best practice of creating groups for implementing tempo security or is there other way round in Appian??

Please provide your suggestions as this list in top priority of my all use cases of application. I will be obliged.
    Thanks in advance.
  • @Abhishek: Yes you are right. This would violate one of my use case. If I delete the users from the group before the process terminates and return the group back to pool, the tempo feeds of that particular instance will no longer be visible.

In that case, from all the discussions we have the only way which I can see is that I have no option other than creating group for each process instance and managing users in that group. So number of groups created will be directly proportional to the instances spawned.
    Is that the best practice of creating groups for implementing tempo security or is there other way round in Appian??

Please provide your suggestions as this list in top priority of my all use cases of application. I will be obliged.
    Thanks in advance.
Children
No Data