Hi there, our users are very trigger happy on the close window button (red cross

Hi there, our users are very trigger happy on the close window button (red cross). I try to solve this by adding a timeout to nearly all my user input tasks that abort the intended process or revert to a valid status. This adds a lot of work to development and does not solve all cases. And a lot of our users do not understand what happens, as they tend to think that the system they are using is some form of a CRUD application on top of a SQL DB instead of a BPM system.

How do you handle these problem?

@Appian PS: What does Appian think of how this SHOULD be solved?...

OriginalPostID-60748

OriginalPostID-60748

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • OK, thanks. Maybe my problem is more on the business side as we have no clear management commitment to BPM or a BPM plattform what would get the users be used to how Appian works.

We use SharePoint and integrate Appian using the webpart. This works, but a user who does use Appian from time to time only, might not be used to it and tends to ignore lists of tasks he is not able to associate to what he did or tried to do.
  • OK, thanks. Maybe my problem is more on the business side as we have no clear management commitment to BPM or a BPM plattform what would get the users be used to how Appian works.

We use SharePoint and integrate Appian using the webpart. This works, but a user who does use Appian from time to time only, might not be used to it and tends to ignore lists of tasks he is not able to associate to what he did or tried to do.
Children
No Data