I have a SAIL challenge, a form, in which I'm pulling live data from another

I have a SAIL challenge, a form, in which I'm pulling live data from another web application (via httpQuery). When I use the results to populate two textfields via "value", it will not save those values into a variable. I particular the field labelled "Project Name" exhibits the problem, the next field "Project Manager Name" is what I'm left doing to satisfy being able to save. (Setting refreshAfter to: "KEYPRESS" was an attempt to tickle it to evaluate saveInto....

WontSaveDef.txt

OriginalPostID-154615

OriginalPostID-154615

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @richard.nolan If I understand your question correctly, assigning a value using 'value' attribute of a component doesn't save the value to the variable configured using 'saveInto' attribute of the corresponding component. The only way of doing it is by making use of 'saveInto' attribute. If you wish to save the value of the variable configured for a read-only component or an editable component which you may or may not interact with, make sure that the value is saved into the variable under the 'saveInto' of other component(s) which you will definitely interact with.
  • @richard.nolan If I understand your question correctly, assigning a value using 'value' attribute of a component doesn't save the value to the variable configured using 'saveInto' attribute of the corresponding component. The only way of doing it is by making use of 'saveInto' attribute. If you wish to save the value of the variable configured for a read-only component or an editable component which you may or may not interact with, make sure that the value is saved into the variable under the 'saveInto' of other component(s) which you will definitely interact with.
Children
No Data