Does Appian recognize new values added to a CDT (and saved newValue with depende

Does Appian recognize new values added to a CDT (and saved newValue with dependencies updated) if they are added after a SAIL Form has been using the CDT for some time? I am getting this error and it is not clear why:

An Error Has Occurred

Expression evaluation error in rule 'serviceOrderEntryForm' at function a!buttonWidgetSubmit [line 376]: An error occurred while executing a save: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid index: Cannot index property 'newValue' into type serviceOrder^3

OriginalPostID-155889

OriginalPostID-155889

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    The SAIL form uses whatever the model feeds it on load. If the model has the old version (without the new fields), then the SAIL form will also be using the old version. I know in 7.9 you can specify the exact type of CDT as a parameter (instead of just 'Any Type'), so I'm not sure what the effect would be in that case.

I would suggest checking if the field exists before trying to perform the save (or perhaps hide the new user input fields when looking at it in an older model).
    Certified Lead Developer
    The SAIL form uses whatever the model feeds it on load. If the model has the old version (without the new fields), then the SAIL form will also be using the old version. I know in 7.9 you can specify the exact type of CDT as a parameter (instead of just 'Any Type'), so I'm not sure what the effect would be in that case.

I would suggest checking if the field exists before trying to perform the save (or perhaps hide the new user input fields when looking at it in an older model).
Children
No Data