Hi All, I have a typical requirement ;not sure whether it is doable or not.

Hi All,
I have a typical requirement ;not sure whether it is doable or not.On a SAIL Form I have around 3-5 text boxes and couple of dropdown fields.One of these fields accepts a business identifier which is validated via web service.As soon as the user keys-in the data and "UNFOCUS" from text box ,a "Working..." message appears on top of the screen and details are populated after successfully invoking the web service.Invoking and getting results from web service takes around 3-5 seconds and during that time although "Working...." message is shown , users go ahead and change the values in other text boxes.This is creating a mess in our systems and we don't want user to edit any of the fields in form(text box/drop down) when the "Working..." message is displayed(i.e when the value entered in text box is saved into and validated).In short when the "Working..." message is dispalyed ,we don't want user to edit any of the components(Text box/combo box) on ...

OriginalPostID-156595

OriginalPostID-156595

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In that case it might be worth changing the form to use a button that the user clicks when they have entered the identifier; the button could use the saveInto to initially set the variable to true, then back to false once the webservice has been invoked. Unfortunately I'm not sure there's a much better way of doing this.
  • In that case it might be worth changing the form to use a button that the user clicks when they have entered the identifier; the button could use the saveInto to initially set the variable to true, then back to false once the webservice has been invoked. Unfortunately I'm not sure there's a much better way of doing this.
Children
No Data