Hello, I would like to ask a question regarding the reevaluation of S

Hello,

I would like to ask a question regarding the reevaluation of SAIL interfaces, one that I have not been clear on so far.
Does ANY user interaction with SAIL components cause the whole interface to be reevaluated?
For example, changing the value of a radioButton or the value of a textField, would that cause the whole SAIL interface to be reevaluated?
And reevaluation, if I have understood correctly, means that all expressions within all SAIL components of an interface will be reevaluated, even to return the same result that is already being displayed.

Also, I have a question regarding the with() function, in relation to my previous question, that stems from the implementation of cascading drop down fields.

We have been using a series of cascading drop down fields where the choices of each drop down field must be updated from the database using the selected value of the previous drop down field. Now, given that each drop down field is within a ...

OriginalPostID-156756

OriginalPostID-156756

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hey Thanos,

In the past I have implemented similar approaches to reduce the overhead caused by reevaluation of SAIL components and variables defined in a with() statement. In my experience, the biggest obstacle was accounting for scenarios where a user may select a choice in every drop down, and proceed to change a selection in a randomly selected drop down.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hey Thanos,

In the past I have implemented similar approaches to reduce the overhead caused by reevaluation of SAIL components and variables defined in a with() statement. In my experience, the biggest obstacle was accounting for scenarios where a user may select a choice in every drop down, and proceed to change a selection in a randomly selected drop down.
Children
No Data