Hi all, When sending a message the default security configuration is

Hi all,

When sending a message the default security configuration is set to open. I would like to set this to locked per default. I think btw that it makes a lot more sense to have private messages set to locked per default. Is there a way to configure this? Is it planned to make this configurable in the future (e.g. in custom.properties)?

Thanks, Moritz...

OriginalPostID-61730

OriginalPostID-61730

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Thanks for the question, Moritz. Messages are open by default as you've observed, and this is not configurable. The reason for this is to encourage transparency and the sharing of information via Tempo. Locked messages can only benefit the sender and recipients of the message, whereas everyone can benefit from the information shared in open messages, since they are searchable by everyone.

For example, if I have a question for a particular department within my company, I can send an open message asking the question, and other users who have the same question in the future can do a search for the topic, find my open message, and benefit from the answer without having to ask the same question again. This is also a great way for new users to the system to learn about different aspects of the organization.

Of course there are situations where locked messages are more appropriate and/or desired, which is why this option is also available, but we believe open messages to be the more common and valuable option.