Hi Everyone, I am stucked with one of the most important use case of

Hi Everyone,

I am stucked with one of the most important use case of my application. My objective is that users latest present in users array process variable must only see the process information which I am posting on tempo. If any user is added from that array then along with the previous users , those newly added users must also see the info on tempo now. And if any user(s) are removed, then those removed users(s) should no longer be able to access or see the info of that process instance on tempo.On whole, users present latest in that user array process variable must only see the info on tempo and no one else.

In order to do, I created one parent group('X') of my application. Now, whenever a new instance of process is spawned, using Identity Management Smart service, I create a subgroup('X1') of that Parent Group('X') and then add or remove users in this subgroup('X1') accordingly and then pass 'X1' to the viewers group of Post feed to tempo sma...

OriginalPostID-62228

OriginalPostID-62228

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I also have to create a lot of groups as I need very tight access permissions for many processes and the permitted users are determined in process flow. I had a talk to Appian PS about this and they said that groups and groupmembership are cheap in Appian. If there is no other solution to the problem, groups are not a problem in general as long as you do housekeeping and delete them asap.

Do you have any numbers? Are we talking of 100, 1000, 10000 of groups and process instances?
  • I also have to create a lot of groups as I need very tight access permissions for many processes and the permitted users are determined in process flow. I had a talk to Appian PS about this and they said that groups and groupmembership are cheap in Appian. If there is no other solution to the problem, groups are not a problem in general as long as you do housekeeping and delete them asap.

Do you have any numbers? Are we talking of 100, 1000, 10000 of groups and process instances?
Children
No Data