I have a form with a dropdown that when changed kicks off a javascript alert mes

I have a form with a dropdown that when changed kicks off a javascript alert message. I would also like it to show/hide an 'Instructions' for another field. The field itself I always want to display, but the instructions below it I would like to either show/hide or change from an empty string to a message of my choosing.

I can hide/show a form field directly but haven't found how in 6.6 to change or hide the Instructions dynamically:
window.FormAPI.hide("dropdown102");...

OriginalPostID-62250

OriginalPostID-62250

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Building on Rayudu's comment, consider whether the utility gained from having dynamic instructions outweighs the utility of mobile-enablement (for many customers it does not). If you decide that it does not, two JS-free design alternatives for you:
    1) Make the instructions "dumber". Example instruction text: "If Option 1 is selected in Field 1 above, then ABC, otherwise, XYZ.
    2) If there are too many conditions that affect the instruction text to take the above approach, then break the single form into two chained forms. Use the displayvalue() expression to display the instructions the correspond to the value selected in the first form's dropdown.
  • Building on Rayudu's comment, consider whether the utility gained from having dynamic instructions outweighs the utility of mobile-enablement (for many customers it does not). If you decide that it does not, two JS-free design alternatives for you:
    1) Make the instructions "dumber". Example instruction text: "If Option 1 is selected in Field 1 above, then ABC, otherwise, XYZ.
    2) If there are too many conditions that affect the instruction text to take the above approach, then break the single form into two chained forms. Use the displayvalue() expression to display the instructions the correspond to the value selected in the first form's dropdown.
Children
No Data