Hi Everyone, I am creating Custom Groups to implement tempo security.The u

Hi Everyone,
I am creating Custom Groups to implement tempo security.The users latest present in users array in the instance should only see the feeds on tempo.(Removed users should no longer see any feeds and if new users are added ,then along with present in users array newly one should now be accessible to feeds on tempo). I need to create one group for each instance. My requirement says that I can only archieve the terminated instance after one year.So groups will remain in system for one year. Is there any alternative way to do so, such that custom groups are managed properly and my use case is also fulfilled.

Thanks....

OriginalPostID-62348

OriginalPostID-62348

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• In order to keep the security on the tempo feed you will have to retain the custom groups for the duration of the instance. This should not have too great an impact on your performance however. How many instances/groups are you creating per year?
  • Akhil, I too found this strange in the beginning that lots of custom groups are being created. but for tempo security this seems the way for now. you can have a process model running to remove those custom groups on an interval basis. even though the process models has to be for 1yr and if business agrees there is no reason to keep the tempo feeds and if no one is searching for old posts. you can delete those. example you have a order and once its completed the tempo security can be removed. you might still have reports to see the history of orders. you will miss only the posts comments and hazards. note: you dont have delete custom group node, use delete team node and pass the custom group as pv and if you have a naming convention you can loop with an MNI.
  • Shaun,
    Number of instances/ groups per year can be very large. Actually, it depends on number of user using the application.

Rayudu,
    Agree, I can delete the tempo feeds earlier as these are of no use after 2-3weeks of process completion.

One question here,
    does deleting the group deletes the tempo feed? If no, then how can I do the same?

Thanks
    Akhilesh Natani
  • Akhilesh, Deleting the groups will not delete the feed entry, since the security of the feed (you might have set to that group) , except admins none will be able to see the feed. Not sure how to delete the feed Entry, so far i know admins can manually delete i guess forum.appian.com/.../Deleting_a_Tempo_Feed_Entry