Hi, I am using multiple tabs in my form. I need to display certain bu

Hi,

I am using multiple tabs in my form. I need to display certain buttons in certain tabs. For example, I need to show only "Edit" in tab 1 and "Submit" only in tab 2. I cannot add button in tab alone. Any suggestions.

Thanks...

OriginalPostID-62845

OriginalPostID-62845

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • There is a way you can do this with Javascript. You can add an image to the page. And add an on click event which submits the form button. You can then use javascript on the button to hide it from view. Something like:
    On the image:
    On mouse up
    getObject('buttonValue').parentNode.firstChild.click();

Then hide the button with
    window.FormAPI.hide("buttonValue");
    Obviously Appian would recommend not using javascript and would advise the OOTB functionality of chained forms but if you really need the buttons in the tabs this may just help.
  • There is a way you can do this with Javascript. You can add an image to the page. And add an on click event which submits the form button. You can then use javascript on the button to hide it from view. Something like:
    On the image:
    On mouse up
    getObject('buttonValue').parentNode.firstChild.click();

Then hide the button with
    window.FormAPI.hide("buttonValue");
    Obviously Appian would recommend not using javascript and would advise the OOTB functionality of chained forms but if you really need the buttons in the tabs this may just help.
Children
No Data