I have a column in a grid, which is of type "Link". I'm trying to

I have a column in a grid, which is of type "Link". I'm trying to implement a functionality wherein, when an user clicks on a particular link, more details for the selected record are displayed on another form.

How can I achieve this? When I tried to submit the form by clicking on the link, the form gets closed and takes me to the home page on the environment's "apps" mode....

OriginalPostID-63552

OriginalPostID-63552

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    This the default behaviour of the link field, if you do not configure the default values for all the fields in the grid, it will redirect you to the apps portal. Just to understand your use case, if you want to display details of a record in a grid in another form, you might as well consider using paging grid. If you are on a version that does not provide for paging grids, you can use the same approach and use image like buttons that will do the form submit for you instead of using link fields.
    Certified Lead Developer
    This the default behaviour of the link field, if you do not configure the default values for all the fields in the grid, it will redirect you to the apps portal. Just to understand your use case, if you want to display details of a record in a grid in another form, you might as well consider using paging grid. If you are on a version that does not provide for paging grids, you can use the same approach and use image like buttons that will do the form submit for you instead of using link fields.
Children
No Data