Hello all, quick question.. Why can the validationGroup parameter be

Hello all, quick question..

Why can the validationGroup parameter be set as an array if set up as {"VG1 VG2 VG3 VG4"} instead of {"VG1", "VG2", "VG3", "VG4"}

I attached a sample interface of this working

SampleForm.txt

OriginalPostID-177095

OriginalPostID-177095

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi, are you trying to validate "Field Common" text component upon clicking each of the submit buttons available on form ? If so, try changing that text field's validationGroup dynamically based on which button is hit. For example, if user clicks on "Submit#2" then programmatically change text field's VG to "VG2" at run-time(ex code: if(local!formAction="Submit#2", "VG2", "")). But if you specify VG as {"VG1 VG2 VG3 VG4"}, I doubt that it will become as a new kind of validation group that is not being shared by any of the other components(including buttons) on your from there by wont satisfy your requirement.
  • Hi, are you trying to validate "Field Common" text component upon clicking each of the submit buttons available on form ? If so, try changing that text field's validationGroup dynamically based on which button is hit. For example, if user clicks on "Submit#2" then programmatically change text field's VG to "VG2" at run-time(ex code: if(local!formAction="Submit#2", "VG2", "")). But if you specify VG as {"VG1 VG2 VG3 VG4"}, I doubt that it will become as a new kind of validation group that is not being shared by any of the other components(including buttons) on your from there by wont satisfy your requirement.
Children
No Data