Hi All, I have 2 a!buttonWidgetSubmit (Button1,Button2) and 1 text field (F

Hi All,
I have 2 a!buttonWidgetSubmit (Button1,Button2) and 1 text field (Field1) in my form. In my use case, if Button1 is clicked and Field1 is blank I need to display validation message at the end of form just above button. For this I am using validations property in the a!formLayout(). However, form is getting submitted instead of validating field.
Please find my code snippet below:

validations:{if(and(isnull(ri!Field1),ri!btnAction = "Button1"),,a!validationMessage(
validateAfter: "SUBMIT"
),{})

It works fine if I remove ri!btnAction = "Button1" but I need to include button action in condition.
Is anyone come across such situation. Any help would be appreciated, TIA !!

OriginalPostID-181112

OriginalPostID-181112

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • It seems that you only want the validation to appear for a certain button, but not another. If that's the case you may want to look into the concept of validationGroups. If a button and a formlayout (or a section layout etc) are in the same validation group, the validation will only be in effect on that particular button press. You will also have to set the other button to a different validation group
  • It seems that you only want the validation to appear for a certain button, but not another. If that's the case you may want to look into the concept of validationGroups. If a button and a formlayout (or a section layout etc) are in the same validation group, the validation will only be in effect on that particular button press. You will also have to set the other button to a different validation group
Children
No Data