Hi All, Currently I am facing one interesting issue in production with Task

Hi All,
Currently I am facing one interesting issue in production with Tasks(in Appian 7.2).
One of my business user has initially completed one task "Task A" in a Process A through application process dashboard and then immediately that process has been completed and archived also.
But later accidentally this user has tried to click the above task(that is already completed)link in the Task assignment notification email, but this time he was redirected to other task say "Task B" in the process B and this process B is completely different to him and even he does not have a security.

As per my knowledge once the process is archived or deleted then the Task Ids of that process might be reused, so the above case can be expected.

But in my case when he clicked the task link in the task notification email, this time task ID was reused,redirected to other task in the different process.
If this redirected task is a normal task then there will be no issues because ...

OriginalPostID-183386

OriginalPostID-183386

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • ...he cannot submit the task form until he does have a security for that process.
    But here he was redirected to the sub process quick task and this quick task is having a form with auto submit option.

So whenever he clicks the task link in the email then he will be redirected to sub process quick task and this quick task will be auto submitted and then initiate the sub process instance of this Process B.

Here though the redirected task process is not at all related to him and even he doesn't have a security but still he is able to initiate sub process of this process which is not the acceptable case.

I know that uses of task ids are not in our hand, but still do we have any way that we can handle such case to avoid?

Thank you,
    Anji
  • ...he cannot submit the task form until he does have a security for that process.
    But here he was redirected to the sub process quick task and this quick task is having a form with auto submit option.

So whenever he clicks the task link in the email then he will be redirected to sub process quick task and this quick task will be auto submitted and then initiate the sub process instance of this Process B.

Here though the redirected task process is not at all related to him and even he doesn't have a security but still he is able to initiate sub process of this process which is not the acceptable case.

I know that uses of task ids are not in our hand, but still do we have any way that we can handle such case to avoid?

Thank you,
    Anji
Children
No Data