Hi, Is there any way to insert button is SAIL at the required positions? We have

Hi, Is there any way to insert button is SAIL at the required positions? We have a requirement that to place a button in each row of an editable grid of the SAIL form. We have dynamic link option, but our requirement is specific.

Thanks in Advance.

OriginalPostID-184120

OriginalPostID-184120

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Venkannabk,
    According to my knowledge ,We can't place button in side a editable grid component.
    But using image component with dynamic link component we can add an image which looks like a button in image component and using link field we can make the button image clickable dynamically.
    Note: Using the above procedure we can't submit the form in earlier version of Appian other than 7.11. In 7.11 we can submit the form by using submit link().
  • @venkannabk If I am not wrong, as per the documentation, version 7.11 (From 7.11 and onwards) has the capability to contain button component in a row of editable grid sail component. (Reference: https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.11/SAIL_Components.html#Row)

And re the placement of the button, as already known to us, apart from the capabilities offered by Appian, we have no viable ways.
  • Apologies for the above comment, I should say that Appian hasn't got the capability.

The image suggestion offered above might not be effective as per my knowledge. Though we can bring the look and feel of a button, we can't mimic the key functionalities offered by Button SAIL component such as validations, confirmationMessage, style(if we need to maintain all the styles, we need to generate the image in all the 3 styles offered by Appian namely 'PRIMARY', 'NORMAL' and 'DESTRUCTIVE'). And next to the above, we need to also keep the image in sync with the button component of Appian, let's say a new style has been added, then we need to add a new image or let's say the shape of the button has been slightly modified, then the image also should be modified. To the best of my knowledge, it's good to go with the OOTB functionalities.
  • Thanks for the help ramchandrar and sikhivahans. I have gone through the suggestions given. They are really helpful.