Hi .. We are using a!recordLink inside gridTextColumn to direct to a custom dash

Hi .. We are using a!recordLink inside gridTextColumn to direct to a custom dashboard in a record .. When we click on the hyperlink its opening the custom dashboard in the same page instead of a new tab.

Because of this we are facing one issue. Wheni use this hyperlinik in REPORTS, its not a prob. But when i use the same in a task (Initiated from ACTIONS), whenever the hyperlink is selected its warning the data will be lost (as in when we try to close a tab / navigate away from the task page).

How to make the link open in a new tab / new window using the same recordLink or by wrapping it with some other rule ?

OriginalPostID-184773

OriginalPostID-184773

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks stefanh .. that worked .. hope the view URIs wont change over environment adding steps in deployment guide .. anyways will check that and update here ..

Below is the working code pattern
    :

rule! renderSafeLink

with(
              local!uri_txt: tostring(urlforrecord(ri!recordType_rty, ri!identifier_any)),
              a!safeLink(
                        label: "",
                        uri: concat(
                                  left(local!uri_txt, len(local!uri_txt) - 7),
                                  ri!dashboard_txt          
                        )
              )
    )

Please let me know if this is not a proper way of doing it ..
  • Thanks stefanh .. that worked .. hope the view URIs wont change over environment adding steps in deployment guide .. anyways will check that and update here ..

Below is the working code pattern
    :

rule! renderSafeLink

with(
              local!uri_txt: tostring(urlforrecord(ri!recordType_rty, ri!identifier_any)),
              a!safeLink(
                        label: "",
                        uri: concat(
                                  left(local!uri_txt, len(local!uri_txt) - 7),
                                  ri!dashboard_txt          
                        )
              )
    )

Please let me know if this is not a proper way of doing it ..
Children
No Data