Is it possible to remove rows from Paging Grid?? The way we have remove row icon

Certified Senior Developer
Is it possible to remove rows from Paging Grid?? The way we have remove row icon in normal grid??...

OriginalPostID-64446

OriginalPostID-64446

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Unlike a standard grid, a paging grid pages record. Your requirement conflicts with the user experience of this component. For e.g. If the p.grid shows 5 records by default and there are 3 pages, assume I delete 4 records from page 1 and then turn to page 2, what should the system be showing? 1 or 5 or some other number of records. Now, what happens if the user goes back to page 1. You may want to consider the broader implication of this feature. As recommended, allowing users to select the row and deleting them in the next step is the best recommended approach.
    The other 'not so recommended' alternative is to bring the entire result set into into a CDT structure and use the CDT structure to populate the paging grid. In here, you can write your own logic to delete the corresponding indexes from the CDT and re-populate the paging grid thus not affecting the database table. However, I recommend against this as you will now have to manage a CDT structure in memory and if the volume of data you bring in is huge, it may affect your performance and above all, you lose all the nice things that a query rule offers.
  • Unlike a standard grid, a paging grid pages record. Your requirement conflicts with the user experience of this component. For e.g. If the p.grid shows 5 records by default and there are 3 pages, assume I delete 4 records from page 1 and then turn to page 2, what should the system be showing? 1 or 5 or some other number of records. Now, what happens if the user goes back to page 1. You may want to consider the broader implication of this feature. As recommended, allowing users to select the row and deleting them in the next step is the best recommended approach.
    The other 'not so recommended' alternative is to bring the entire result set into into a CDT structure and use the CDT structure to populate the paging grid. In here, you can write your own logic to delete the corresponding indexes from the CDT and re-populate the paging grid thus not affecting the database table. However, I recommend against this as you will now have to manage a CDT structure in memory and if the volume of data you bring in is huge, it may affect your performance and above all, you lose all the nice things that a query rule offers.
Children
No Data