Scenario is: I have a user task form, which has a search button. On click of whi

Scenario is: I have a user task form, which has a search button. On click of which the user should see a popup window, where the user searches and selects the required data. On Submit/close of the Popup window, the user task form should be refreshed to show the selected data. He can repeat this process n number of times. While the popup window is open the user task form needs to be in background, so that he can reference the data available.
How do I achieve this in Appian process?...

OriginalPostID-64449

OriginalPostID-64449

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You can do it as follows.
    Step 1. User search screen. This will show the search options and section to show the selected search result record (initially all blank). If you want, you can hide this by putting this in a section
    Step 2 - This will show the search result. You will have a script task inbetween doing the search bit.
    Step 3 - Once user selects the desired record from the previous step, Select the info of the selected record and populate the form from STEP 1.
    Step 4 - Activity chain all these forms. Once done, they will appear as a seamless flow of events.
  • You can do it as follows.
    Step 1. User search screen. This will show the search options and section to show the selected search result record (initially all blank). If you want, you can hide this by putting this in a section
    Step 2 - This will show the search result. You will have a script task inbetween doing the search bit.
    Step 3 - Once user selects the desired record from the previous step, Select the info of the selected record and populate the form from STEP 1.
    Step 4 - Activity chain all these forms. Once done, they will appear as a seamless flow of events.
Children
No Data