Scenario is: I have a user task form, which has a search button. On click of whi

Scenario is: I have a user task form, which has a search button. On click of which the user should see a popup window, where the user searches and selects the required data. On Submit/close of the Popup window, the user task form should be refreshed to show the selected data. He can repeat this process n number of times. While the popup window is open the user task form needs to be in background, so that he can reference the data available.
How do I achieve this in Appian process?...

OriginalPostID-64449

OriginalPostID-64449

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thnks Sathay, however, I would require more clarifications to understand.

First let me be more clear in what is the requirement; as an example: The "Input Form" has fields like Name, Date, Events. Events field data is in DB. The Input Form has a search button next to Events field. On click of the search button, a new Search Form should open however, the Input Form should be active for further data inputs as well. On the new Search Form, whatever user searches and selects, need to be displayed in a grid form in the Input Form.

I am not sure of how to achieve this with activity chaining or using quick tasks. Particularly while I come back, how will I update an active visible task window?
  • Thnks Sathay, however, I would require more clarifications to understand.

First let me be more clear in what is the requirement; as an example: The "Input Form" has fields like Name, Date, Events. Events field data is in DB. The Input Form has a search button next to Events field. On click of the search button, a new Search Form should open however, the Input Form should be active for further data inputs as well. On the new Search Form, whatever user searches and selects, need to be displayed in a grid form in the Input Form.

I am not sure of how to achieve this with activity chaining or using quick tasks. Particularly while I come back, how will I update an active visible task window?
Children
No Data